Saturday, August 27, 2011

Used Book Sale

My sister and I try to hit every Library book sale we can.  It's something we love to do together and we spend a couple of hours picking through the selection together and trying to find great copies of the titles we want.   We went to one of the smaller area sales this morning and this is what I walked away with:

That would be 47 books for $18.25!

I have the following rules for book sales simply because it's so easy to let myself get out of control:   
  • I only pick up books in good shape.   No torn covers, falling out pages or marked up books.
  • I go with lists of things we want.   I don't buy books I know we won't read.
  • I always allow myself to "upgrade" a book.  For example, this morning I bought copies of Jane Eyre and Pride and Prejudice for .75 cents a piece.  They are nice hardbacks with gold leafing and I bought them because I knew they would look great on shelves.   The copies I had of these books before will be donated to our library so they can raise money at their next book sale. 

No comments: